Thursday, January 12, 2012

Future Quilt!

January 6, 2012No, this is NOT my quilt, unfortunately! This is a sample of a dresden plate quilt made by my mother's hairdresser and friend, MaryLou Fryer. It's it great?! When we came back from Spain, I brought a tie from each of our missionaries. I want to make a quilt using them and this is one of the ideas I might use to put it together. Don't the little spokes of the wheel look like ties? One of these days I will be posting a picture of MY quilt.

By the way, taking my mother to get her hair done on Thursdays is one of my favorite things to do. It is so fun to spend time with my 88-year-old mother. She gets her hair done as we enjoy the company of the ladies there, then we usually go and get lunch. She's never eaten so many french fries in all her life!


No comments: